• Passengers Endorsement $1,000.00
  • Tanker Endorsement $1,000.00
  • Hazmat Endorsement $1,000.00

Length: 2 Weeks / 80 Hours

Training Content: 80 total hours of commercial truck driver training; 30 hours of combined lab training, range training and observation with the applicable vehicle, truck or bus, including 16 hours of street driving training, 16 hours training in backing maneuvers, and 16 hours proficiency development.

Graduates receive a Commercial Driver Training Certification making them eligible to obtain their Class A CDL upon successfully passing the CDL skills tests.

Requirements: Must pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) Physical, have a Class A Driver License or a Class A Instruction Permit, and pass a required Drug Screen. Must be at least 18 years old to enroll.

This training program is designed for those who have no prior experience or training as a truck driver or has been out of the trucking industry for several years. The Class A CDL training program prepares students for truck driving careers in both over-the-road (OTR) and local driving jobs. The certificate of completion from a CDL Program qualifies a graduate as an entry-level CDL driver. Utilizing a balance of classroom instruction and hands-on, behind-the-wheel training, students will be prepared to pass both the written CDL exams and skills test.

Classroom/Online: 40 Hours

Range/Road: 40 Hours

Why Choose Us
Truck driving students prefer us over other programs for a number of reasons.
Help you to pass
We will make sure you to pass the CDL test. Hundreds of students have passed.
Bilingual Instructors
English, Spanish, Russian, Farsi, Punjabi. Are experienced, passionate, patient and enthusiastic about their students success!

Over 80%


Job Placement upon graduating TDI courses. We network and partner with 100’s of local companies.

Comfortable Classroom Space
We designed our modern, open classroom space, equipped with comfortable chairs, lounge area by the complimentary espresso bar with our students in mind.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I become a truck driver?

In order to become a class A truck driver (a category that includes almost all tractor trailers), you’ll need to earn your Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). In order to receive CDL certification, you will have to pass the state exam.

How big are the classes?

We keep our class sizes small because we are focused on making sure each student has time to practice and learn the skills they need to pass their test and obtain their CDL. Expect no more than 10 students per class per week. In the yard, there will be no more than 3 students per instructor.

Do you offer any additional training/endorsements?

Absolutely! We can prepare you for the Tanker, Passenger, School Bus or HazMat written exams. Getting an endorsement in addition to your CDL can greatly increase your salary and job prospects.

How much is tuition?

Tuition for the CDL course is $3,800. Our refresher course is $1,700. Since applicants will not be under contract, we require a 50% down payment due on the first day of school. We works with many leading trucking companies who are willing to cover 100% of a student’s tuition if he or she meets certain requirements and accepts a job after graduation. We’re here to help make your education as affordable as possible.

How do I pay for my course?

We accept cash, credit card, and money orders.

What types of financial assistance do you have?

We also works with numerous banks, agencies, and programs including: Private loans, Social Services, Vocational Rehabilitation, Amazon employee training benefits, Boeing current employee training benefits, TANIF education and training benefits, WorkSource unemployment retraining benefits.We assist all students with creating a customized financial plan that works for them and always look for free or low-cost options first. Students always have the option to pay “out-of-pocket” via cash or card.

We accept and work with the following programs:

• Amazon employee training benefits

• Boeing current employee training benefits

• Corrections Clearinghouse

• Department of L&I retaining benefits

• TANIF education and training benefits

• WorkSource

• Unemployment retraining benefits

We also work with trucking companies who offer tuition reimbursement to students.

For those who do not qualify for any of the above programs we accept student loans through Climb Credit and Paramount Capital.

Please note that Climb and Paramount are loan companies and they charge interest and additional fees.

Is it worth the investment?

Absolutely! The average commercial truck driver makes $54,000 a year, and most industry jobs pay a starting salary of at least $40,000*. If you decide to return and earn additional endorsements, you could eventually make over $100,000 a year!

What are the payment options for tuition?

At Tractor Trailer Training, our goal is to assist as many qualified students get their CDL Training for as little out-of-pocket cost as possible. offers a variety of financial options for students concerned with truck driving school costs, or how to pay for their tuition. Students are able to focus less on the cost of tuition, and more on beginning a new career! Our Truck Driving School training is cheaper than almost any other truck driving school available. Students have many funding options. These include grants, student loans, and other State and Local programs for our truck driving programs.

What tuition reimbursement options are there?

Most students can receive a loan offer regardless of credit. Most over-the-road companies offer tuition reimbursement to help students recover their investment in training. Both financed and students who pay with cash can receive reimbursement.

Does accept WorkSource funding?

We are a State Approved Vendor for the WorkSource Program that offers training resources for those who qualify. This program is administered through your WorkSource Center. If you have been laid-off, receiving unemployment or SNAP benefits, you may be eligible for a grant to pay tuition. Contact a student coordinator to point you in the right direction.

Do you provide job-placement services?

Yes! provides assistance with job placement to all graduates who are in good standing with the school and wish to use the service. Although we cannot guarantee any job, graduates who wish to do so may take advantage of a number of services provided to them, including assistance with updating resumes, preparing for job interviews, employer referrals, or other services.

When you go through for your CDL training, you’ll receive the best quality truck driver training at the most affordable cost. With our Job Placement assistance, students can choose from dozens of employment opportunities with national, regional, dedicated, and local carrier companies – and have ongoing job placement with us!

We offer lifetime job placement to all our graduates! We partner with local and OTR trucking companies and almost every single student at Truck Driving School has job offers from multiple carriers before they even begin their training.

During training, student coordinators will meet each student personally to assist in their Job Placement process. Staff is available to answer questions and help guide students to a company that best suits their needs. Recruiters from various companies come on-site and give presentations to students about their company. Students can then apply to the employers if they so choose. Most students have multiple pre-hires awaiting them upon graduation. After completing their training, students are immediately able to report to employers. With the help of NSTS, new drivers average $700 – $1200 weekly their first year!

Will I have any job opportunities waiting for me when I graduate?

Our Job Placement staff will provide you with the tools that are necessary for you to find employment, including helping you search and apply for current job openings with a wide variety of local, regional, and national trucking companies and employers that consistently hire our graduates. We also regularly host employers on campus for presentations and recruiter visits.

What do I need to get started?

You must complete a full application and obtain your Class A learner’s permit prior to starting the CDL Program.

What are the admission requirements for

You must complete a full application and obtain your Class A learner’s permit prior to Admission to NSTS and the Professional Truck Driver programs includes:

• Must be at least 18 years of age. (The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) requires that all interstate drivers be at least 21 years of age.

• Must have high school diploma or equivalent.

• Must provide a driving record free of current serious violations

• Must be able to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical as required by Federal & State agencies.

• Must be able to pass a drug screen when administered.

• No felony convictions in the past five (5) years.

Your Admissions Officer will cover any and all additional enrollment requirements for those who wish to enroll at as a regular student, and will provide a list of items that must be completed prior to enrollment.

the CDL Program.

Upgrade Your CDL With Truck Driving School

The first step to become a professional truck driver is earning your commercial driver’s license. With your CDL you can get different kinds of endorsements that help you choose the career you love. A cdl endorsement allows you to be more versatile driver, so you may have more options in the job market.
Benefits Of Getting Different Endorsements
Employment possibility
If you have more than one endorsement, new doors open before you in the trucking career. Big trucking carriers that can offer different positions will notice you. Having the cdl a hazmat endorsement to handle hazardous materials will give you more options as an applicant. It is time to think how you can upgrade your qualification and choose what type of endorsement you want to get.
If you want to improve your career, you can add endorsement to cdl. But each endorsement has its own requirements. You should know what type of endorsement you want to receive; you should feel comfortable when you do. You can add passengers, hazmat and tanker endorsement on cdl. You need to pass a test to earn any kind of endorsements, to stay knowledgeable in the trucking career. You must feel comfortable when you will use these skills to work.

What Are The Requirements For CDL Endorsements?

If you are considering to increase your experience or advance your career, you need to know how to obtain additional CDL endorsements. Extra endorsements can give you options for better jobs and better pay.
You can receive your CDL endorsements if you:
  • Are at least 21 years of age
  • Can show your valid CDL of the same class as or higher class than your learner’s permit class
  • Can recognize such colors as red, green and amber
  • Have 3 years of driving experience in the same or higher class
  • Have 20/40 vision in each eye (with or without glasses)
  • Have 70 degrees of peripheral vision in each eye
At Truck Driving School Sacramento, we offer our Upgrades Program that takes 2 weeks (40 hours). With our qualified instructors, you can add such endorsements to your CDL:
(P) Passenger Endorsement
The passenger cdl endorsement can allow our future drivers to operate a CMV that can transport a specified number of passengers (16 or more people, including the driver). To receive it you need to pass such tests:
  • Written knowledge test
  • Road skills test
(N) Tanker Endorsement
With this endorsement, you can operate a tanker vehicle that carries liquids or gasses. You will need to pass:
  • Written knowledge test
At Truck Driving School, the cost of tanker endorsement is $1,000.00
(H) Hazmat Endorsement
The class a cdl with hazmat endorsement is needed for transporting hazardous materials, such as flammable and combustible liquids, gases or other explosives. The steps to get hazmat endorsement:
  • Passing your written knowledge test
  • Completing a TSA Security Threat Assessment application
  • Submitting your fingerprints at an authorized collection site
  • Demonstrating your Driver’s license and DOT medical card
At Truck Driving School, we will help you to make your cdl upgrade, so you can show trucking companies that you have special skills and knowledge about different areas of the trucking industry. Also these endorsements will make you more flexible truck driver and you can pursue a specialized job later.
Some jobs require prior experience such as hazmat or tankers but you can practice your skills being a standard truck driver. Then you can update your CDL and choose an endorsement that will suit your needs.
Endorsements are required for jobs with a high level of responsibility, that's why you can earn more money transporting their cargo. If you have endorsements, some trucking carriers can offer you a mix of specialized and more general freight, so they will pay you more per mile.

Get Your Endorsement With Truck Driving School

You will be always in demand if you are a truck driver with the right skills. As the data shows, by 2024 the number of the trucking jobs will be increased at 8-9%. Updating your CDL with endorsements will make you more valuable and flexible for job employment.
If you want to make more money and qualify for better jobs, you may consider hazmat endorsement training at Truck Driving School. Investments in your education are your greatest investments, with endorsements you can get your return on investment within 2-6 months.
At Truck Driving School in Washington, we offer our Upgrade Program that includes Passengers, Tanker and Hazmat endorsements at affordable cdl endorsements cost. This course will prepare students to passing their cdl endorsement practice test.
When you are looking for getting your Commercial Driver's License, it is essential to know about various endorsements to improve your skills and receive more making-money career.
If you are interested in adding endorsements to your CDL, contact Truck Driving School today!